Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Professional Identification of Mold Growth in Palm Harbor Homes
With the region's subtropical climate, humid conditions are not easily avoided for most of the Palm Harbor area structures. Without adequate air circulation and ventilation, this moisture content in the environment can develop into physical mold colonies on sensitive organic matter present on the property. Identifying active colonization might not be as easy as you might think and often requires sophisticated techniques and testing to verify. With certified Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) on our roster, we have the experience to help you through nearly every phase of mold damage recovery.
Removing Moisture and Humidity from Workspaces
Successful mold remediation begins with controlling the conditions in the damaged areas such as airflow, temperature, and humidity. Regulating these principles can allow remediators to remove the food source and eliminate the spreading of active mold spores throughout the space. Reducing moisture content often falls to a combination of dehumidification equipment, including desiccants and low-grain refrigerant models.
Effective Remediation Practices
Removing active mold colonies is the primary focus of remediation, several methods are ideal to accomplish this. Depending on the affected materials and the severity of the exposure, multiple tactics can be used to remove colonies. While much can be done with surface cleaning and antimicrobial products, severe degradation of the hosting material might require more direct strategies like controlled demolition. With in-house contractors ready and able to help in the early stages, demolition can happen quickly before worse damage occurs.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (727) 793-1333
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Dunedin / Palm Harbor South?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (727) 793-1333
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Dunedin / Palm Harbor South is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: